This workshop provides clear, straightforward information about epilepsy so that Registered Nurses working in a variety of settings can understand epilepsy in terms of their job role. Registered Nurses will participate in an interactive 3.5 hours evidence-based workshop.
By the end of this workshop Registered Nurses will:
- have the skills and knowledge to effectively support an individual living with epilepsy
- understand and be able to explain epilepsy
- be able to identify seizure activity and the impact of seizures on the person
- be able to review and implement individualised Epilepsy Management Plan
- have the skills and knowledge to identify key components to managing seizure activity
- have identified key strategies to manage epilepsy based on the Registered Nurses practice.
Who should do this course?
Health and Direct Care Professionals that are Registered Nurses.
Time and Assessment:
This is a 3 hour face to face interactive workshop held at the Epilepsy Foundation Head Office, 587 Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills, Vic 3127.
This is an interactive workshop, reflection on knowledge and time to apply knowledge is included in the workshop, there are no formal assessment requirements.
More information or offline resources:
This course is delivered as a face to face interactive workshop, workshop resources including a Registered Nurses Toolbox are provided to all participants.
Please note that minimum enrolment numbers are required for the workshop to proceed, should the minimum enrolment number not be reached a full refund will be provided.
You may also like: